Part-Time Financial Service Representative (Teller)
|September 01, 2009 - December 31, 2014|
|Location:||West Jordan, UT|
|Salary Range:||$9.00 and Up Depending on Experience |
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, 401K, Cash Balance, Paid Holidays, Vacation Pay and Tuition Reimbursement|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Description:||Cyprus Credit Union has a Hire Ahead Financial Service Representative (teller) position available. This person will be hired before a position is available and will float around to different locations to help branches when needed. Once a position becomes available this individual will be placed at that location. There is a possibility that you could be placed at any one of our branch locations. We are looking for someone that is comfortable with traveling during the initial time period. The hours for this position range from 12:00/1:00pm – 5:30pm/6:00pm. Listed below is a detailed position description. |
Assumes responsibility for the efficient, effective, and accurate performance of teller functions.
- Receives share deposits and loan payments.
- Processes cash advances, travelers' checks, cashiers' checks, money orders, bank-to-bank wires, and Western Union wires.
- Disburses cash or check share withdrawals.
- Presents and explains Credit Union services and products to members and assists in meeting their financial needs. Opens and closes accounts. Orders checks for members' accounts. Completes payroll deduction and authorization forms.
- Keeps members informed of Credit Union services and policies, including types of available accounts, interest and dividend rates, payroll deduction options, and other related services.
- Maintains and projects the Credit Union's professional reputation. Maintains privacy of member account information
- Actively cross-sells Credit Union products and services.
- Teller and Financial Service Representative functions are efficiently, effectively, and accurately performed in accordance with established policies, standards, and security procedures.
- The Credit Union's professional reputation is maintained and conveyed.
QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: High school graduate or equivalent.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of Teller and Member Service Representative operations and procedures. Basic understanding of Credit Union operations.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Abilities generally acquired on the job in 12 months. No experience necessary.
SKILLS/ABILITIES: Good communication skills. Professional appearance, dress, and attitude. Good math skills. Ability to operate related computer applications and other business equipment including adding machine, typewriter, copy machine, coin and money counting machines, and telephone. Good typing skills.